- Company Name: The company name must be unique and must not resemble or be identical to the name of an existing company. It must also not contain any offensive or prohibited words.
- Articles of Association: The Articles of Association is a legal document that outlines the rules and regulations that govern the company’s internal affairs. It must be submitted to the Registrar of Companies.
- Memorandum of Association: The Memorandum of Association is a legal document that defines the scope of the company’s activities and objectives. It must be submitted to the Registrar of Companies.
- Registration fees: Registration fees must be paid to the Registrar of Companies at the time of registration.
- Directors and shareholders: A minimum of one director and one shareholder is required to register a company in Kenya. The director must be a resident of Kenya.
- Physical address: The company must have a physical address in Kenya. This can be either a residential or commercial address.
- Tax compliance: The company must be tax compliant and must obtain a personal identification number (PIN) from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Business license: Depending on the type of business, the company may be required to obtain a business license from the relevant regulatory authority.
- Employment law compliance: The company must comply with employment laws, including registering with the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and the National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF).
- Environmental compliance: The company must comply with environmental regulations and obtain any necessary permits and licenses.
Once these legal requirements are met, the company can be registered with the Registrar of Companies in Kenya.
Read our post on procedure for registration of a company in Kenya and contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in registering a company in Kenya.